The website at theaoi.com (“website”) is owned and operated by The Association of Illustrators Limited (“us” or “we”). We are registered in England under company number 01237440 and our registered office is at Somerset House, T7 3rd Floor Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 1LA. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z9527199. Our VAT number is GB39382701.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
1.1 Information you give us about you or your business, such as your name, artist name, user name, AOI membership number, postal address, country of residence, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, student identification number, place of study, details of your agency, images including your own photograph, and any other information about you that you might choose to volunteer. You may be asked to provide such personal information to us when you:
- 1.1.1 register for an account or membership with us and log into your membership or account;
- 1.1.2 participate in a competition, promotion or survey;
- 1.1.3 act as a judge for a competition or award;
- 1.1.4 upload material to the portfolio section;
- 1.1.5 purchase anything from us (or a third party through us) including event tickets, client directories, publications, membership or portfolio access;
- 1.1.6 subscribe to receive our newsletter;
- 1.1.7 respond to our marketing communications;
- 1.1.8 apply for a job with us;
- 1.1.9 complete enquiry forms on the website including the ‘contact us’ page or request any other information from us;
- 1.1.10 report a problem with the website; or
- 1.1.11 correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise for any other reason.
We may occasionally request and process “sensitive personal data” about you. By this we mean, for example, information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or religious beliefs. However, you have no obligation to provide this information and we will only process it in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, for example, where we have explained the purpose of the processing and have obtained your explicit consent. The term “sensitive personal data” is defined more fully in section 2 of the Data Protection Act 1998, which you can read here.
1.2 Information about you or your computer that we collect automatically each time you visit the website:
- 1.2.1 technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- 1.2.2 information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for; location data and other communications data; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any telephone number used to call our customer service number.
1.3 Information we lawfully receive from other sources, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
2.1 We use the information that you give to us:
- 2.1.1 To administer any account, membership or registration you have with us;
- 2.1.2 To provide the products and services you order from us and to carry out our obligations and exercise our rights arising from those orders;
- 2.1.3 To provide information to you that you request from us;
- 2.1.4 To administer your participation in any competitions or awards that we run including in any online or offline publicity in relation to winners, where you have consented to such use;
- 2.1.5 For publication on the website where you have provided it to us for that purpose (for example, in connection with your entry as a participant in, or as a judge in, a competition);
- 2.1.6 To provide subscribers with our regular newsletter;
- 2.1.7 To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- 2.1.8 To communicate with you about any comments, queries or feedback you might have about us or the website;
- 2.1.9 To enable you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so;
- 2.1.10 To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 2.1.12 To inform you of any changes to our website and/or our products and services.
2.2 We use information about you that we collect automatically:
- 2.2.1 to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, researching, statistical and survey purposes;
- 2.2.2 to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- 2.2.3 to allow you to participate in interactive features on the website, if you choose to do so; and
- 2.2.4 to measure or understand the effectiveness of any advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
2.3 We use the information about you that we collect from other sources in combination with the information you give to us and the information about you that we collect automatically. We will only use such information for the purposes set out above.
4. DO WE COLLECT DATA ABOUT CHILDREN?
We do not knowingly collect information from individuals who are under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not register an account with our website or provide any information about yourself to us. If you have already done so, please contact us.
5. HOW DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the information stored and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically and therefore sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
6. HOW ARE PAYMENTS PROCESSED ON OUR WEBSITE
7. HOW TO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
We may share your personal data with any member of our group from time to time, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
7.1 our partners listed on our site and our sub-contractors and other suppliers and service providers who we engage to assist with our administrative or business functions and to deal with any other matters in connection with our website, our products and services and any agreements we enter into with you;
7.2 advertisers and advertising networks that require anonymised data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 150 women aged 35-45 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in a particular location). We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
7.3 analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website; and
7.4 credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
7.5 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- 7.5.1 in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- 7.5.2 if The Association of Illustrators Limited or substantially all of the company’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by the company about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- 7.5.3 if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our various terms, policies and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Association of Illustrators Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If we refer any dispute between us to the Online Dispute Resolution Platform, and/or we agree to engage in any alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedure with you through the Platform, then to the extent that your personal data is relevant to the dispute we may disclose it to the European Commission, as operator of the ODR Platform, and to any ADR provider appointed to deal with the dispute. For more information please email email@example.com.
8. THIRD PARTY LINKS
9. OPTING OUT OF MARKETING
10. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any personal data that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of GBP 10.00 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information. If you would like a copy of this information, please write to us at the address below.
11. CONTACTING US